What’s Euro 2008 and why it exists?
It's a simple application for managing the UEFA Euro 2008 Austria-Switzerland championship. With this program you can view the match schedule, save the final score, show both groups and second stage table, build and export simple statistics and, optionally, you can also update the results on-line.
Euro 2008 is donation ware: freeware with optional contribution.
What’s this means?
Euro 2006 is freeware because you can use it for free. Unlike shareware application that are limited in trial period and functions, with Euro 2008 you get a fully functional and free application (with online update service included).
Ok, but what’s about the optional contribution?
Euro 2008 exists in four version (MacOS8/9, Mac OS X, Windows, Linux), each version is available in two languages (IT,EN), it has icons and “Read Me” files customized for the various platform. This means that software development has required much time and resources.
Thus, if you like this software, feel free to send a little contribution, a comment and the version you’re using at the postal address showed at the end of this document or by using the "Donate..." button inside the application. I’ll really appreciate this. Thank you very much.
- Complete matches calendar and graphic visualization of groups and 2° stage
- Online update of the matches results
- Support for the conversion of the matches dates and time based on your local time zone and your system format. You can insert directly your time zone difference with the Austria-Switzerland or you can compute it automatically via Internet, simply by selecting your geographical area.
- “Copy” function to every section of the application (you can “Paste” data directly into a spread sheet or word processor).
- The statistics data are exportable in both text and HTML format.
- Proxy support (even with basic authentication method)
Euro 2008 FAQ
Q: This software don’t calculate automatically the teams rank in each groups. Why?
A: The automatic computation, besides being complex to handle for the drawing method applied in case of complete parity, could limit the software usage for the “try to modify results and look what happened on 2° stage table” approach.
Every Macintosh with Mac OS 9.0 or better includes Mac OS X
Windows 98 or better
i386 platform (requires libstdc++.so.6, tested on Fedora Core 8 and 9)
Version 0.9a1 - 20/5/2006
- First internal version based on Germany 2006
Version 1.0 - 28/5/2006
- First public version
Many thanks to all users who contributed with past version of this software
This software may be freely distributed, but always in its unmodified form and together with this document. It may not be sold or resold, or bundled with any other commercial product. You may, however, include the software on a CD-ROM or floppy collection including the original package in its entirety.
You expressly acknowledge and agree that use of the software is at your sole risk. The software and the related documentation are provided “as is” and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.